April 20, 2012

Big Time and Georgia Finds

Hey hey its Friday!!
Hope you have all had a blessed week but can I get an amen for the weekends!

They say everything is bigger in Texas. That would prove true on this find I had to have on my recent trip to Canton.  I have this obsession with clocks and numbers so when I spotted this huge (I mean big, girls) clock I was sucked in. It made such a statement and I loved it!! I told the sweet girl I would think about it for awhile and come back if I couldn't forget about it. Well guess what...I couldn't. Probably didn't help that my sis in law had to go back and pick up some other things she bought at the end of the day. They had already packed it up but she said for $40 I could have it. SOLD!!

I plan to put it in my bedroom, just not over the bed. Hubby said if it fell off it would knock one of us out cold..he's so funny!


It's made out of an old table top and distressed. This could easily be made or copied.
Sometimes bigger is better!

I also wanted to share with you two things my sis in law sent back with me that she bought me in Georgia. 
They lived in Tennessee and have recently moved back to Texas and I am so happy they are closer but they do have some great shops up there.


Love this cute chippy metal stool. She had it in her kitchen and on the last day she told me to take it home. It was mine all along she just wanted to watch me drool over it for a week. 


 Numbers and storage and old..love!! 
She knows me..very well!
Thanks for being so generous to me sis...I love you!


We are down to the last shower this weekend and WOW this journey has been fun. My daughter informed me that we are on the 30 day countdown now. I think someone is very excited! Ok..that makes two of us!

Have a beautiful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I love your clock! What a great find. Such a neat stool also and love those boxes. Are they like hat boxes? I can't tell for sure.

    Exciting times for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I LOVE that clock!! What a fantastic idea too! Ok, enough of the exclamation points..lol. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful blog! I'm so happy to have found it, but sorry I didn't find it sooner.
    I have an old barrel I've been trying to sell for months and no takers. I think I'll be stenciling some numbers on it before my next market!
    xoxo,
    Kim (your newest follower)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clock! Don't blame you for grabbing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a GREAT blog you have - i think we MAY just be smitten with the same chippy yummy stuff! c'mon over for a visit anytime!

    www.NorthernCottage.net

    ReplyDelete