January 5, 2012

Lamps and Tarts

It's almost Friday girls..yippee!
I hope to be working on a project this weekend that is a long time overdue. Can't wait to show you as soon as I have it completed.

I first want to say that I went to the grocery store tonight (for groceries) and picked up these yummy pecan tarts in the bakery. OH MY..




Seriously, someone stop me!!
I have eaten three from this box already and I may have had some as a side at dinner.
Yummo!
It's not a good idea to go to the store hungry.

Sooooo..

I had these two small lamps in the garage and wasn't fond of their red shades and gold base.
Yes, I always take pictures in the dark in the garage..you?


I removed the fabric from the shade leaving only the metal frame to play with, painted these babies with some Heirloom white, added some burlap...






Not sure about the burlap yet..could be a fire hazard



And some tulle..


 So feminine and girly.

I need a little extra light in my booth and I think these will work perfect and won't take up too much space.
I love reusing things when I can, don't you?
Aahhh..the power of paint

I hope you all have a great weekend. I have a birthday to celebrate, project to work on and a little shopping to do. Thanks for stopping in, I really appreciate all the sweet comments you left this past week. You all sure know how to make a girl feel good. 
I won two awards this week too..
The Liebster Award and the Blog on Fire Award!
Go check out these cute blogs..
flickerwhips and the vintage chateau

Liebster Blog Award

5 comments:

  1. I'm loving the lamps!! The burlap is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lamps are fabulous. My daughter would love the tulle one, but actually she may prefer white fur...yes that seems to be the "look" right now. Yikes!!Loving your blog...
    xo~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a difference! The lamps look grea and I am especially loving the tulle one!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. brand new following...and i'm kind of in LOVE with your blog! you have such a heart and are so creative. i'm pretty stoked for my next day off to pull off some of these diy projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so much better...I might want them back ;) haha just kidding but if I had a baby those would look so cute in a nursery!! Love YOU

    ReplyDelete