July 19, 2012

Before/After..an Old Box


Happy Thursday my friends!!
The weekend is close at hand..any projects your planning??

I have been busy preparing things for my new booth space at the new shop. 
When I found this old box laying in the grass at a friends house I knew it deserved to have some new life breathed into it. Its very sturdy, great height for a coffee table or end table and even has some storage.





That front flap folds down and would make a great place for games, blankets or toys in a living room or books as a nightstand.

I found a small sample pot of a light gray at HD and diluted it with some water to give it more of a white wash effect. Sanded and added some stain to make it look a little more worn.  Thats it!












Love how it turned out! Just like everything else I paint I would love to keep it but its going to shop For Sale. Hoping it gets a great new home. 
I can't wait to show you some pics of my new space. Much more work to do and waiting for some things to arrive but its all going to be worth it in the end.

Thanks for stopping in today and I hope your weekend is full of blessings!

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing what a little paint can do. It looks lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing...one man's trash, huh? Great Job! It is something I would definitely use!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete