February 8, 2013

Mantel Makeover..Going White


Am I the only one that is ready for the weekend?
This week seemed a little long for me so I am ready to relax and spend some time with the family.

I have had this project done for awhile and I am just now getting around to sharing it with you. When we moved into our new home over a year ago I knew it was just a matter of time before I pulled out the  paintbrush and gave this mantel a makeover. Don't get me wrong, its a beautiful mantel but with so much stained wood in the house it seemed a little heavy.




I know some of you "wood"  people out there are cringing right now..sorry!
Every home we have been in has always had a dark wood mantel. It was time for something different.







Oh yeah..so much better!
I must admit I was a little nervous painting something that was permanent instead of something I could just move out of the house if I got tired of it but the end result was well worth the risk I took. 

How about you, do you take risks with cabinets and mantels and "permanent pieces"?
I'm about to take a very big risk on a larger scale and paint my kitchen cabinets in a few weeks..deep breaths..Can't wait to share it with you!

Have a beautiful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Adore your mantle, and your home. Love your blog. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend. Can't wait to see the cabinets!

    ReplyDelete