June 10, 2011

Old Shelf..New Life

Happy Friday girls!!
I hope you have all enjoyed your first week of summer vacation..we have!!
I could get used to this sleeping in and drinking coffee till ten o'clock every morning..ah the simple pleasures of summer!

Several months back when my sister in law was visiting we made a stop at one of our favorite little antique shops and I spotted this chippy architectural shelf. I had no idea where I was going to put it but knew when inspiration hit I would find a home for it.


I love all the paint that is chipping off
Do you think their is lead in that paint?? Hmmm...



I though some hooks would look really cute to hang a hat or a moss letter on.
I hit up the trusty old Walmart for some ORB or black hooks but to no avail..I made a stop at a 
junk/salvage place on my way home and that's when I spotted these..


Yes!! Old clothesline hooks. At only $1.00 each compared to $3.00 for a new one I was even more thrilled!
A little hammering and twisting later I was a happy girl with my new shelf


I made the moss "B" in a previous post
The numbers I found at a thrift store for 25 cents for a pkg of 5
The plate(s) came in a pack of 4 from Pottery Barn for $4.97 (steal)
The little Bible came from the same shop I got the shelf at
The little white pitcher was found at thrift store for 99 cents

I'm glad I didn't pass the shelf up because I didn't know what to do with it..you never know when inspiration is gonna hit!!
Have a beautiful weekend!!

I love hearing from you and read every comment!
Blessings


I have linked up at one of my favorite blogs..My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

2 comments:

  1. It looks great!! :) Love those old hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i left you a comment forever ago about your moss letters and had full intentions of making one that same weekend. but, joann's did not have any big letters and i never make it down to the michaels {it's kinda far} so i haven't done it yet...except i just saw it again and am just as in love with it now as i was then...i suppose i see a michaels trip in my future!!!

    btw, it looks great! really.

    ReplyDelete