November 4, 2010

Truth

You Wanna Know The Truth...You Can't Handle The Truth!! (remember that movie)


Truth is..I always want the truth! Don't you??  In my marriage, in my friendships, in my children, and in my church! Why do we struggle with the truth so much? Because we might hurt someone's feelings, because the truth is not as glamorous, because we like living in the darkness?? Hmmm....Sometimes the truth means leaving your comfort zone and standing up for what is right instead of what is popular. At times that can be rewarding, other times it can be lonely. Have you ever felt like this?? I have on many occasion.

It's so much easier to not confront, to not pursue or simply to not care. The hard part is facing the truth and at times confronting our own shortcomings. Ughh..That's hard to swallow.(gulp)

I have learned that confronting the TRUTH and my own flaws are the times that I have grown the most. For it is in these moments when God reveals the areas of my life that I need to work on and it also pushes me to seek HIS will for my life a lot harder. It helps me to dig out the truth in His word and not just take someone else's word for something. Shouldn't we all be doing that? Seeking truth for ourselves, for our children, for our church!

John 5:24 says "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned: he has crossed over from death to life".
John 5:25 "I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live".
John 6:53 "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Wow!! My God tells the truth!! Do I want the truth?....You Bet!! Can I Handle the Truth?..Absolutely!! Is it hard?...sometimes.

Truth is..My God is Truth and I want to follow Him!

The days have been so beautiful here and I can feel winter (Texas winter) in the air! I love it and look forward to the holiday season with family and friends as we anticipate the celebration of Christ's birth!

Have a beautiful day!! (Extra points if you can count how many times I said Truth)

3 comments:

  1. I've posted about this before. I'm not sure if I put it on my blog or just in my journal. I appreciate so much that I can count on God for the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the TRUTH! Love hearing others who's faith leads them to do good.:)

    I want to send you your free printable, but I don't have an email address!:) could you email me your email address at kikicreates (dot) gmail (dot) com. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I want truth too...even if it is hard and sometimes painful.

    ReplyDelete