September 19, 2010

Running The Race

Good evening lovelies!! It's been a very wet and dreary weekend here. I am thankful for the rain but after a while I seem to get a little cabin fever. We did make it out this Saturday to see my oldest son run in a Cross Country meet and it was messy!! I woke up and knew that it was going to be a cap day..which means I don't have to do the hair!! YEAH! Turns out that was a good choice.??

The boys did so well and in the end went home with the first place trophy!! Yippee!! I love to watch the endurance and the perseverance as they cross that finish line but I'm not gonna lie, it tires me out! Isn't life so much like that? We train, we run, we endure, we persevere and sometimes it's just plain hard! Shoot who am I kidding..alot of times it's just plain hard. I am reminded in Hebrews 12:1 to run with PERSEVERANCE the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning it's shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. I love that!! I pray that I may finish this race called "life" with much perseverance so that in HIS time I will receive my trophy!!

 Have a blessed Monday!!
 

2 comments:

  1. This was an Awesome!!! day, the Lord brought rain to keep these wonderful athletes cool & then for them to win 1st place, it was beautiful. My Sweet Wonderful Daughter, I Love you so Much, you blow me away with you creative mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks momma..I love you too and thank you for saying that!!

    ReplyDelete