March 12, 2011

The Piano Bench

It seems like forever since I last posted. I have been busy doing projects and celebrating the fact that the kids are out on Spring Break! Wahooo! No plans..sleeping in..doing whatever we want..ohh how I love a break.
 I mentioned in my last post about a bench I was working on and I finished it! This bench was my grandmothers and for awhile it was inside, then I moved it outside and now it's back in again. It was starting to peel black paint (probably due to the weather..whoops) and also because I did not take the steps to prep it the right way..I know, I know, I should know better. This time I did it right and gave her a new home inside the house.

I gave her a good sanding which didn't take much due to the fact that the paint was chipping off in small pieces. One coat of primer and 2 coats of paint. I used a color called Anew Gray because I already had it on hand (thanks again Sami).  Lastly, I did a light brushing of a Tobacco glaze to age her a little.

I know she looks white in these pictures but trust me she is a pale gray




The throw was a gift from Pottery Barn from my sis in law and the white fluffy blanket is from IKEA

Since I had all the paint on hand this project was free!! I love FREE don't you! I found a few things while out thrifting this weekend and I will show you in my next post. I am also working on a small dresser and I can't wait to show you how pretty she is looking!!
I hope your getting a chance to get out and enjoy this beautiful weather..I am starting to prep the garden...does this work stuff ever end??

Have a wonderful weekend! Ohhh and I love to hear from you..drop me a line! Love you girls!

I have joined the party over at Under The Table and Dreaming..Sunday Showcase

No comments:

Post a Comment